A Review on Achieving Security by Fragmentation and Replication of Data in Large-Scale Distributed File Systems
International Journal of Computer Science (IJCS) Published by SK Research Group of Companies (SKRGC)
Download this PDF format
Outsourcing data to a third-party administrative control, as is done in cloud computing, gives rise to security concerns. The data compromise may occur due to attacks by other users and nodes within the cloud. Therefore, high security measures are required to protect data within the cloud. However, the employed security strategy must also take into account the optimization of the data retrieval time. In this paper, we propose Division and Replication of Data in the Cloud for Optimal Performance and Security (DROPS) that collectively approaches the security and performance issues. In the DROPS methodology, we divide a file into fragments, and replicate the fragmented data over the cloud nodes. Each of the nodes stores only a single fragment of a particular data file that ensures that even in case of a successful attack, no meaningful information is revealed to the attacker. Moreover, the nodes storing the fragments, are separated with certain distance by means of graph T-coloring to prohibit an attacker of guessing the locations of the fragments. Furthermore, the DROPS methodology does not rely on the traditional cryptographic techniques for the data security; thereby relieving the system of computationally expensive methodologies.
1. Jin Li, Yan Kit Li, Xiaofeng Chen, P atrick P . C. Lee, Wenjing Lou “ A HybridCloud Approach for Secure Authorized De -duplicat ion” IEEE Transact ions on Paralleland Dist ribut ed Syst ems:PP Year 2014
2. MrVinod B JadhavProf Vinod SWadne Secured Authorized De-duplicat ionBased Hybrid Cloud Approach Int ernat ional Journal of Advanced Research in Comput erScience and Soft ware Engineering .
3. A.Abdul Samadhu, J.Rambabu, R.Pradeep Kumar, R.Santhya Det ailedInvest igat ion on a Hybrid Cloud Approach for Secure Aut horized Deduplication Internat ionalJournal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology(IJRASET)
4. S. B. Roy and K. Chakrabart i, “ Locat ion-aware type ahead search on spat ial databases: Emant ics and efficiency,” in Proc.ACM SIGMOD Int . Conf. Manage. Dat a, 2011, pp. 361–37..
5. JadapalliNandini, RamireddyNavat eja Reddy Implement at ion De-duplicat ion Syst em wit h Aut horized Users Int ernat ional Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET).
6. Mazhar Ali, St udent Member, IEEE, Kashif Bilal, ” Division and Replicat ion of Data in Cloud for Optimal Performance and Security” IEEE Transact ions on Cloud Computing
Centrality, cloud security, fragmentation, replication, performance.