A Survey on Joint Static and Dynamic Traffic Scheduling in Data Center Networks
IT Skills Show & International Conference on Advancements in Computing Resources, (SSICACR-2017) 15 and 16 February 2017, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu, India. International Journal of Computer Science (IJCS) Published by SK Research Group of Companies (SKRGC)
Download this PDF format
Network, a collection of two or more nodes that can share the data. In our modern world the rapidly increasing the internet users led to storing and updating the data very often. This scenario led into the data center ( a collection of servers) where it maintain a huge database and thus need high capacities for interconnecting the thousands of servers in these data centers. A range of multilayer architectures have been employed. From this related work that the traffic in a data center is a combination of static and dynamic. To improve the throughput and minimize delay Load Balanced schedulers have been proposed and also incorporate an opportunistic scheduler that sends traffic on a feasible direct path.
1. N. Farrington et al., “Helios: A hybrid electrical/optical switch for modular data centers,” in Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, 2010, pp. 339–350.
2. T. A. Benson, A. Anand, A. Akella, and M. Zhang, “Understanding data center traffic characteristics,” Comput. Commun. Rev., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 92–99, Aug. 2010
3. C. S. Chang, D. S. Lee, and Y. S. Jou, “Load balanced birkhoff-vonneumann switches: Part I: One phase buffering,” Computer Commun., vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 611–622, 2002.
4. S. Kandula, D. Katabi, S. Sinha, and A. Berger, “Dynamic load balancing without packet reordering,” Comput.Commun.Rev., vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 51–62, 2007.
5. I. Keslassy, “Load balanced router,” Ph.D. dissertation, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA, 2004.
6. H. Liu and R. Zhang-Shen, “On direct routing in the valiant loadbalancing architecture,” in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM, Nov. 2005, pp. 721–726.
7. N. Garg and J. Konemann, “Faster and simpler algorithms for multicommodity flow and other fractional packing problems,” SIAM J. Comput., vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 630–652, 2007.
Dynamic traffic scheduling, Load balanced scheduled, Joint static