A Study on E- Governance Scenario in Karaikudi Regionwith Reference to Healthcare Sector in IT
IT Skills Show & International Conference on Advancements in Computing Resources, (SSICACR-2017) 15 and 16 February 2017, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu, India. International Journal of Computer Science (IJCS) Published by SK Research Group of Companies (SKRGC)
Download this PDF format
Current e-Governance scenario in healthcare sector in India is disappointing. Public health service run by Government is overburdened and collapsing. Large geographical size, increase population density, inaccessibility, illiteracy, poverty, poor nutritional status, diversity of food habit and life style are various impediments. Government priorities for providing food, safe water and school education are yet to be fulfilled. At this stage low budget for health, lack of funds and coordination have triggered down trend in health services. E-governance is the use of ICT (Information and Communication technology) by the government to deliver faster and better services to the masses. The results are discussed in terms of implications for higher learning institutes and future research.
1. Bachman JW, The patient computer interviewA neglected tool that aid the Clinician, Mayo Clinic Proc. 2003; 78 : Pages: 67-8.
2. Blobel B, Nerdberg R et al, Modelling privilege Management and access control, International Journal of Medical Informatics, 2006,75:597
3. Bruno von Nirman, Steve brown User experience design guidelines for Tele-care (eHealth) Services, Interactions, Sept 2007, Pages: 36-40.
4. Community Information Centre Web site http://www.cic.nic.in la last visited 30 Sep?08
5. Das R K, Dash S S (2007), Telereferal Service of NIC- A Helping hand for the Doctors and Inhabitants of KBK districts of Orissa, Adopting eGovernance, GIFT Publishing 2007 , Pages: 253-8
6. Han Song, Skinner Geoff et al, A Framework of Authentication and Authorisation for e-Health Services. 2006 ACM 1-59593546-0/06/0011 Pages: 105-6
7. Deepalakshmi, K “Public healthcare service takes IT route” from web site http://www.expresshealthcare.in April 2008
e-governance, Healthcare, ICT, tele-refral.