EVALUATION OF SPLIT TENSILE STRENGTH OF HIGH STRENGTH FIBERRE IN FORCED CONCRETE S
International Journal of Computer Science (IJCS) Published by SK Research Group of Companies (SKRGC)
Download this PDF format
This paper deals with the results of an experimental investigation of the split tensile strength with steel fiber blended with the high strength concrete (M60). The fiber content varied from 0.5 to 5% by weight of cement at the interval of 0.5 %.Beams of 150mm x 150mm x 700 mm were tested for the flexural strength which was failed and broken in between middle third. The smaller broken piece was taken and tested for the split tensile test. A circulat bar of 6mm diameter was placed at a distance 150mm from the finished end and loaded till the failure and the tensile strength was found. Results and expressions by regression analysis are obtained. A significant improvement in the split tensile strengths is observed due to inclusion of steel fibers in the concrete
1. P.S.Song., S. Hwang., “Mechanical properties of high strength steel fibre-reinforced concrete”, Construction and Building MATERIALS, 18 (2004) 669-673
2. S.P.Singh and S.K.Kaushik, “Flexural Fatigue Analysis of steel fibre reinforced concrete”,ACI Material Journal, Vol.98,No.4,JulyAugust2001,pp.306-312.
3. Fuat Koksal and Fatih Altun, “Combine effect of Silica fume and steel fibre on the mechanical properties of high strength concrete”, Construction and building materials, 23(2007), pp.441-454.
4. Job Thomas and Ananth Ramaswamy, “ Mechanical Properties of Steel Fibres Reinforced Concrete”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, May2007, Vol. 19,No.5, pp.385-392.
5. P.Balaguru, Ramesh Narahari and Mahendra Patel “Flexural Toughness of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete”, ACI Materials Journal,Nov-Dec.1992, Vol.89, No.6, pp.-541-546.ACI Committee 211.1-91(1994):
6. Standard Practice for selecting Proportions for Normal, Heavyweight, and Mass Concrete, Part 1, ACI Manual of Concrete Practice, 1994. ASTM C1399-07a: Standard Test Method for Obtaining Average Residual-Strength of FiberReinforced Concrete Balaguru P.N., Shah S.P.: Fiber reinforced cement composites, McGraw-Hill International Editions, Civil Engineering Series, (1992).
7. Balasubramanian K, Krishnamoorthy T.S, Bharat kumar B.H, Gopala Krishnan S. (1997): Study of the behaviour of steel fiber rein forced concrete under cyclic loading, SERC Project Report No. CCL-OLP 05741-RR-97-1 October 1997,pp1-6
8. Barros J.A.O., Figueiras J.A.: Experimental behaviour of fiber concrete slabs on soil, Journal Mechanics of Cohesive-frictional Materials, Vol. 3, 277-290, (1998).
9. Francesco Bencardino, Lidia Rizzuti, Giuseppe Spadea and Ramnath N. Swamy: Stress-Strain Behavior of Steel Fiber-Reinforced Concrete in Compression, journal of materials in civil engineering © ASCE, march 2008,pp 255-263
Steel fibre, Residual strength, Fracture Resistance, Cyclic loading, split tensile strength.