Intrusion Detection and Preventing Attacks using Sequential Algorithm
International Journal of Computer Science (IJCS) Published by SK Research Group of Companies (SKRGC)
Download this PDF format
Cloud security has attack third-party storage services inoutsources data backups reduce data management costs. DDOS attack through compromised zombies. IDS secure overlay cloud storage system achieves policy-based, access control, file assured deletion. IDS built upon crypto graphic Key operations that are independent of third-party clouds. It associates outsourced files with file access policy, assured deletes file make them unrecoverable anyone revocations using file access policies. While, introducing IDS only minimal performance and monetary cost overhead. Insights provide system and security evaluations demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness into today’s cloud storage services
1. B. Joshi, A. Vijayan, and B. Joshi, “Securing Cloud Computing Environment Against DDoS Attacks,” Proc. IEEE Int’ lConf.Computer Comm. and Informatics (ICCCI ’12), Jan. 2012.
2. Z. Duan, P. Chen, F. Sanchez, Y. Dong, M. Stephenson, and J.Barker, “Detecting Spam Zombies by Monitoring Outgoing Messages,” IEEE Trans. Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 9,no. 2, pp. 198-210, Apr. 2012.
3. G. Gu, J. Zhang, and W. Lee, “BotSniffer: Detecting Botnet Command and Control Channels in Network Traffic,”Proc. 15th Ann. Network and Distributed Sytem Security Symp. (NDSS ’08), Feb.2008.
4. N. Poolsappasit, R. Dewri, and I. Ray, “Dynamic Security Risk Management Using Bayesian Attack Graphs,” IEEE Trans.Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 9, no. 1, pp.61-74, Feb. 2012.
5. O. Database, “Open Source Vulnerability Database (OVSDB),” http://osvdb.org/, 2012.
6. R. Sadoddin and A. Ghorbani, “Alert Correlation Survey: Framework and Techniques,” Proc. ACM Int’l Conf. Privacy,Security and Trust: Bridge the Gap between PST Technologies and Business Services (PST ’06), pp. 37:1-37:10, 2006.
7.J. Szefer, J. Rexford, and R.B.Lee, “NoHype: Virtualized Cloud Infrastructure without the Virtualization,” Proc. 37th ACM Ann. Int’l Symp. Computer Architecture (ISCA ’10),pp. 350-361, June 2010.
8.M. Frigault and L. Wang, “Measuring Network Security Using Bayesian Network-Based Attack Graphs,” Proc. IEEE 32nd Ann.Int’l Conf. Computer Software and Applications (COMPSAC ’08), pp. 698-703, Aug. 2008.
9. H. Takabi, J.B. Joshi, and G. Ahn, “Security and Privacy Challenges in Cloud Computing Environments,” IEEE Security and Privacy, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 24-31, Dec. 2010.
Distributed Denial of Service, cloud Security Alliance, Open Flow, Scenario attack graph, zombie detection, Intrusion Prevention System